Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2 Homemade Christmas

I love our Christmas tree!! Most everything on it is homemade. Last year, that was my big project for Christmas. I started at Halloween and worked until we put up our tree. But I love how it turned out! It's so colorful...and homemade!

Here's a picture of the tree. You can see the felt garland, polaroid picture frames, the felt ornaments and some of the perler bead snowflakes.


Here's a close-up of one of the snowflakes. I think I made like 16 of these, and another 6 or so candy cane ones. The kids LOVED helping out with these...choosing the colors and helping put the beads on! You can also see the fabric ball up in the corner. We made those at a ward activity...they are just fabric pieces folded around a styrofoam ball. Super fun and easy! You can also see the felt garland pretty well here too. I just cut out a couple hundred circles out of 6 different colors of felt. I free handed them...I wasn't too particular with them looking perfect. Then I just fed them through my sewing machine, leaving a little bit of thread in between each one. It's my favorite thing!


Up close of one of my favorite ornaments. These were so fun to make! I loved picking different colors and cutting them into different shapes. I just sewed a little bit of twine into the top...and there you have it, instant ornament!


And then a close-up of the polaroid pictures. I just took a 3x5 plain notecard, printed and cut out pictures of our family (sized at 2.5x2.5) and sewed it onto the card. Then I just trimmed off the very bottom so that it looked like a polaroid. Punched a little hole at the top and added some yarn. I love these so much, I need to make some updated ones too!

2 comments:

Amber Edwards said...

SO Stinking CUTE Emily! I LOVE it! :)

Natalie Putnam said...

Love it! Hope you dont mind, but I am going to use some of your ideas. I have been planning to make a photo tree for years, and I love your take on it. I just bought some felt and I am going to try to make the circle garland.

 

icreate...with love Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates