So first off...I am still all caught up with my 2012 PL!! I haven't posted the last 5 weeks or so because I ran out of printer paper, and since I'm picky with my paper...I had to wait until Amazon got it back in stock. So I've been keeping up, and I've got it all printed now and assembled. I just have to take pictures and then I'll share them with you!
I wanted to share a few thoughts on my PL experience this last year since this year is almost to a close. I LOVED doing PL this year! I am a firm believer and will try to convince anyone I come in contact with to try memory keeping this way! :)
Here are my top 10 reasons for doing Project Life:
1. As someone who has been horrible about printing out my layouts and pictures, PL gave me a reason to do it weekly.
2. The kids love looking back on the album.
3. It gave me a reason to keep, and a place to put all those cards, invitations, programs etc.
4. I have a horrible memory and it's great for me to look back and remember the little moments in our everyday lives.
5. I hope that as the kids get older, they will remember moments of their childhood more than I remember mine, thanks to lots and lots of pictures!
6. It's a good alternative to journaling for me.
7. It allows me to be creative!!
8. Once I got into a groove, it became easier to put together each week.
9. It continued to push me to take lots of pictures each week. Every week was different and some weeks had hardly any photos, but I was able to make it work and add in lots of filler cards.
10. It's just so fun and will be a great memory keeper as the years go on!
Now, onto my 2013 cover page. I had been thinking about it and creating it in my mind for weeks before I actually set out to design it all. I knew this year I wanted to be more bold and graphic, so I created these cards that I'm going to use as my "week cards". I went a step further and created the "2013" one for my title page. If you go to my FB page, you can "like" my page and get it free! :)
I used Liz's amazing 2013 woodgrain card, and I'm planning on using her month ones all throughout next year! I created the circle number 5 card, and used the Freckled Fawn wood chips on both this card and the 2013 one. I am in LOVE with these wood chips...they are my favorite thing!!
This was the most fun part. I wanted updated pictures of us and thought how fun it would be to do a photobooth series. I love, love how it turned out!! :) It reminds me of our goofy personalities, it makes me smile everytime I look at it! :)
I've seen this cool art print around and it's one of my very favorite quotes. This is a concept I want to focus on a lot this next year...that I have everything I need in my family. So I created my own card using this art print as my inspiration.
Thought adding the Idaho with the heart would be a fun touch!
As for the card in the upper right corner, I used the Seafoam digital kit and a few other goodies to create the 4x6 card. I plan on using a mix between Seafoam, Olive and other digi supplies next year.
Hope you enjoyed looking...are you doing PL in 2013? I'd love to see your pages, so link me up!!